Last modified: April 25, 2017
Cloud Lending Inc. (“Company” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
We collect both “personal information” “non-personal information,” both as defined in Section 3 below (collectively, “information”). This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website cloudlendinginc.com (our “Website“) or use our applications on Salesforce.com (collectively, “Apps”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services (including Salesforce.com), if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
2. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Apps, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“); and
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as industry, geography and/or about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or Apps and usage details (“non-personal information”).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website or Apps. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
We limit the collection and use of personal information to that which is necessary in the identified purpose (see Section 6 —How we May Use Your Information), and will not be used for any other purposes. Personal information used for Client Relationship Management purposes will be retained indefinitely in a secure system, unless you requested us to dispose of your information.
3. Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website and Apps may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or Apps. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our premium content/service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or Apps.
- If you ask us to troubleshoot issues with the Apps and give us permission (via the tools made available on the Salesforce.com platform) to view your customers’ personal information, we may be able to view such information while we are troubleshooting your Apps. You may modify the access you give us at any time by using the tools on the Salesforce.com platform. We will not download your customers’ personal information onto our internal systems, nor will we use our internal systems to process, store or transmit your customer’s personal information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website or Apps, or transmitted to other users of the Website, Apps or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or Apps with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
4. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Apps, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain non-personal information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website or Apps, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or Apps.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. We comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our websites or use our services.
The non-personal information we automatically collect is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Apps, and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and Apps according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or Apps.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website or Apps may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website or Apps. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Section 8 –Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and Apps and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website or App statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may correlate non-personal information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. Please see Section 11 — Collection and Use of Information by Third Parties for more information about these third parties’ privacy practices. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Section 8 — Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
6. How We May Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website, Apps and their contents and functionality to you.\
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website, Apps or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or Apps.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the subscription form). For more information, see Section 9 — Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated non-personally identifying information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Cloud Lending’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Cloud Lending, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To send you information about products and services we believe may be of interest to you, or to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Section 8 – Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To third parties if: (a) we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (b) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (c) we believe that you have abused the service, App or Website or we believe you are violating applicable laws, rules or regulations. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To any other third party with your consent.
8. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. We comply with any web browser’s
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data the order form/registration form or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. Please see Section 11 – Collection and Use of Information by Third Parties to learn more about these third parties’ privacy practices. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: Cloud Lending, Inc., Chief Marketing Officer, 1 Waters Park Drive, Suite 240, San Mateo, CA 94403.
10 . Data Security
We have implemented appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards for the security and confidentiality of your information, and use reasonable efforts to maintain physical and information security management programs to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and disclosure. CLS also employs access restrictions, limiting the scope of employees who have access to your, or your customers’, personal information. Further, we use secure encryption technology to protect certain categories of information. Despite these precautions, no data security safeguards guarantee 100% security all of the time.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
11. Collection and Use of Information by Third Parties
- Third Party Collection of Information for Analytics Purposes
We may use third party companies (currently including Google) to provide us with analytics information. These companies may collect personal information and non-personal information from you via our Website and Apps. You can find out more information about what information these companies collect and how they use and disclose that information here: [http://www.google.com/analytics/]
Our App runs on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Platform. If you use our App, Salesforce Marketing Cloud may collect personal information and non-personal information from you. You can find out more about what information Salesforce Marketing Cloud collects and how they use and disclose this information here:http://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/full_privacy.jsp. If Salesforce Marketing Cloud provides your personal information to us, our policies with respect to that personal information are described in this Privacy Notice.
13. Contact Information